Phoenix Labs is looking for a Visual Effects Artist to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate will have a deep love of creating the best stylized VFX for players.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Work with the Art Director and Visual Effects Artist to conceive, visualize, and execute on visual effects that fit within the Dauntless style.
- 3-5 years experience working on VFX for games.
- Experience creating VFX in Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic assets.
- Experience with both creating and implementing effects in context.
- Must be a team player.
- An understanding of UE4’s Blueprint system.
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and Substance Designer.
- Experience in 2D animation & a strong understanding of animation principles.
- Experience developing live, in-release products.
- Is passionate about the Action RPG and/or Hunting genre games.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy