Phoenix Labs is searching for an experienced User Experience (UX) Researcher to help spearhead using data and insights to improve our flagship title, Dauntless. The succesful candidate should be a gamer at heart, with strong communication skills, who is excited to collaborate with team members across all disciplines. They will be the proud ambassador of a data informed studio culture.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver, BC studio. Due to the collaborative nature of this job and the need to iterate quickly, this position is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Lead the charge helping the studio become more empowered through data and insights.
- Collaborate with different teams to help them learn how to ask, what to ask, and to help them find the answers to questions.
- Collaborate with the UX Director to help evolve processes to better learn from the insights we find.
- Help translate studio and game goals into research opportunities.
- Inform and drive which methodologies might best suite a given inquiry.
- Run a lean operation that takes advantage of a small but agile team.
- Provide reports on found data that is delivered in a way that it can be best understood and leveraged by people around the studio.
- Present data to the studio in a form that’s easily understood by those outside of the data science team.
- MSc or related that involves Psychology, Human Factors, or Cognitive Science as the primary area of focus.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Methodological skills including moderated and/or unmoderated usability testing, play testing, survey design, player data analysis, and observational fieldwork (e.g. diary study).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self driven with a large appetite for helping find and solve issues as they are found.
- Passion for video games and and understanding of various motivating factors for players.