Phoenix Labs is looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless, focusing on designing amazing player interactions, from Web to Game. The successful candidate will work directly with both the design and art teams to generate incredible user experiences and drive the process of feedback and iteration for continual improvement. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver, BC studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors such as speed and volume of data transfer, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Drive the process of requirements gathering from all team members that will drive UX work, for both current and future features
- Work with the art and various strike teams to generate wireframe mockups for internal testing and feedback
- Drive feedback and iteration process on UX design on screens and interfaces that are already player-facing
- Design and support GUI assets and UX flow for game systems in UE4
- Retain continuity of an existing UI style, with attention to theme, style and feel
- 3+ years of experience making UXs in the video game or mobile games industry
- Strong knowledge of graphics design and UX
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools & workflows
- Expertise in UX Tools such as Balsamiq or Adobe XD
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Impressive portfolio of work
- Must be a team player
- Work experience creating UX content for games with a large volume of repeatable content
- Mobile UX design experience