The UI Artist will work on our flagship title, Dauntless, and be responsible for UI development and graphic design. The position requires infinite creativity and relentless attention to detail.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Design and support GUI assets and UX flow for game systems in UE4.
- Retain continuity of an existing UI style, with attention to theme, style and feel.
- Support Marketing team with web-based design and assets.
- 3+ years of experience making UIs in the video game industry.
- Strong knowledge of graphics design and UX.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic UIs.
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows.
- Expertise in graphic design tools, including Photoshop.
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Impressive portfolio of work.
- Experience with UI implementation in Unreal Engine 4.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy