Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a mid-level Technical Artist to assist our technical art team with rigging and skinning of in-game assets and building tools for the art team. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content.
Phoenix Labs has studios in Vancouver, BC and San Francisco, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to either studio. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Works closely with Design, Character Artists, and Animators to provide functional in-game assets.
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Skinning and rigging of character/prop assets, including setups for facial animation.
- Effectively learn, improve, and maintain proprietary tools and pipelines.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation and Animation teams.
- 4+ years experience in video game development, preferably in Character Development/Character Setup and associated tools.
- Strong knowledge of Maya, MotionBuilder, and Unreal 4.
- Experience with rigging, skinning/weighting, and character pipelines.
- Understanding of classical animation concepts and supporting animation tools.
- Understanding of next gen character creation concepts, including high quality facial animation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Experience with Python and Mel scripting.
- Experience creating complex custom rigs.
- Experience using and creating custom facial tools/implementation.
- Animation experience.
- Character modeling experience.
- Solid understanding of human/creature anatomy.
- Experience with UE4 Blueprinting.