Phoenix Labs is looking for a Sound Designer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate must have excellent sound design and game audio creation skills, coupled with exceptional attention to detail. You will be expected you to work collaboratively and effectively with all teams in order to help deliver the best possible audio experience.
This is not a music composition position.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Work with the Audio Director to create and implement audio assets across all aspects of the project.
- Help craft a unique and iconic audio aesthetic.
- Own technical implementation for created assets, via both the audio engine and the game engine.
- Engage in system design for areas such as modular weapon systems, dynamic foley systems, and environmental procedural positioning.
- Work closely with other disciplines to reinforce and enhance game mechanics, modular content and artistic direction.
- Audio troubleshooting, bug identification, and fixing.
- Create unique and expressive creature vocalisations.
- Must have shipped at least one high quality PC or console title.
- Familiarity with Unreal editor or similar engine.
- Familiarity with Audiokinetic Wwise.
- Proven ability to craft innovative and creative audio assets.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- High level of ownership and self-sufficiency with assigned tasks.
- Ability to operate effectively and positively in an open feedback environment.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprint.
- Extensive field and foley recording experience.
- Ability to perform a range of dynamic and expressive creature vocalisations.
- Excellent knowledge of Reaper software.
- Mastery of traditional and esoteric audio processing techniques.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy