Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior Technical Artist to assist our technical art team with building tools and content for the art team. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content.
- Works closely with World Artists, Animators, Character Artists, and Designers to provide functional in-game assets.
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Effectively learn, improve, and maintain proprietary tools and pipelines.
- Modify new and existing assets for optimization while maintaining art fidelity.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation, Animation, and Outsource teams.
- 10+ years experience in video game development, preferably in the technical aspects of Environment Art and associated tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Experience with procedural world creation systems.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Some experience with C++.
- Experience with in-engine scripting.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy