Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior Technical Artist to assist our technical art team with building tools and content for the art team. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to Phoenix Labs’ San Mateo studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. Phoenix Labs is following local government guidelines for each of its studios in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. At present, our San Mateo team is in a work from home configuration; however, this position is not suitable for remote employees in the long term. We expect the successful candidate to work onsite when we return to normal work conditions.
- Works closely with World Artists, Animators, Character Artists, and Designers to provide functional in-game assets. Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Effectively learn, improve, and maintain proprietary tools and pipelines.
- Modify new and existing assets for optimization while maintaining art fidelity.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation, Animation, and Outsource teams.
- 10+ years experience in video game development, preferably in the technical aspects of Environment Art and associated tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Experience with procedural world creation systems.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Some experience with C++.
- Experience with in-engine scripting.