Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior Systems Designer to assist in the creation of new gameplay features and progression systems for our flagship title, Dauntless.
- Work with the design team and design director to identify high level solutions to gameplay issues, business opportunities, and our players’ hopes and dreams.
- Create designs for systems and features that create new experiences for Dauntless players. This may include written design specs, spreadsheet simulations, quick and dirty prototypes, or in-game prototypes.
- Iterate on live features by evaluating player sentiment, reviewing telemetry data, and proposing and implementing patch updates.
- 5+ years experience in video game development in a design capacity.
- Experience designing and building progression and engagement systems.
- A working knowledge of data and analytics and its application on game tuning.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with programming and scripting environments to participate in the building of features and systems.
- Experience leading a team of designers in a lead or director capacity.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of 100+ developers across our locations in Vancouver, BC, and San Mateo, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 20+ million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.