Phoenix Labs is looking for a Sound Designer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate must have excellent sound design and game audio creation skills, coupled with exceptional attention to detail. You will be expected you to work collaboratively and effectively with all teams in order to help deliver the best possible audio experience.
Phoenix Labs is located in Vancouver, BC. Applicants must live within commuting distance to the studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
This is not a music composition position.
- Work with the Audio Director to create and implement audio assets across all aspects of the project
- Help craft a unique and iconic audio aesthetic
- Own technical implementation for created assets, via both the audio engine and the game engine
- Develop system designs for areas such as modular weapon systems, dynamic foley systems, and environmental procedural positioning
- Work closely with other departments to reinforce and enhance game mechanics, modular content and artistic direction
- Audio troubleshooting, bug identification, and fixing
- Assisting in mentoring of more junior members of the audio team
- Must have shipped at least two high quality PC or console title
- Familiarity with Unreal editor or similar engine
- Familiarity with Audiokinetic Wwise
- Proven ability to craft innovative and creative audio assets
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- High level of ownership and self-sufficiency with assigned tasks
- Ability to operate effectively and positively in an open feedback environment
- Elegible to work in Canada
- Experience with Unreal Blueprint
- Extensive field and foley recording experience
- Excellent knowledge of Reaper software
- Mastery of traditional and esoteric audio processing techniques