Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Producer to manage a development team on our flagship live title, Dauntless. We are seeking a hands-on project manager/creative producer who is excited to join our team and help drive feature development in a free-to-play ecosystem that’s mutually beneficial for Dauntless’ players and Phoenix Labs.
The Producer we are looking for must have the foresight to plan new features that align with Dauntless and Phoenix Labs’ product goals, the fortitude to drive live changes within a vibrant player community, and possess exceptional communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate is an expert project and product manager who knows the ins & outs of multi platform game development and thrives in a fast paced results driven environment.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Partner with a Product Lead to manage a cross functional development team or Software Engineers, Designers and Artists.
- Accountable for all aspects of feature team scope, schedule, quality, budget, planning and tracking.
- Assume the role of Delivery Steward on an Agile team facilitating Daily Standups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Collaborate with the development team to support all aspects of maintaining Dauntless as a top quality live game.
- Build excellent relationships with our studio, our vendors and our community.
- Actively manage and mitigate risk and lead problem resolution as issues arise.
- Maintain a Jira database tracking all Feature issues and working with the Quality Assurance team to test and resolve issues on a biweekly release cycle.
- 6+ years experience in Project Management in games.
- Shipped at least 1 multi platform game title with end to end production experience.
- At home within dynamic, team-based environments, navigating inter-dependencies, and managing output.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- A focus on doing what’s best for players, even if that means sacrificing some of the bottom line.
- Competitive knowledge of games in the action-RPG and PC space, including Dauntless and other notable free-to-play games.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Google Suite, Slack.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Perforce.
- Experience building and delivering organizational reports.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy