Phoenix Labs is looking for an exceptional Senior / Lead Concept Artist to join our new R&D team forming in Los Angeles!
This broadly experienced artist will work with the Art Director, Product Director, and the rest of the dev team to help develop the look and feel of an all-new original-IP project. They’ll be called upon to help the team explore a variety of possible art solutions for the different aspects of the game, from characters to the world itself.
- Work with the Art Director to develop the art style of an original game IP, through visual exploration and look development.
- Create compelling high level concept art to make tangible the visions for the game, as well as detailed production design breakouts for 3D artists to build the assets.
- Help by brainstorming and creating mood boards to communicate ideas and goals.
- Support internal and external production artists by providing feedback and paintovers to help achieve the game’s artistic vision.
- Work collaboratively with level designers and 3D artists to balance creative vision with production needs and technical considerations.
- 10+ years experience in game art development.
- Ability to create high quality concept art and illustrations.
- High proficiency in art fundamentals and design principles, as well as in digital art.
- Ability to create concepts that are thematically aligned with gameplay experiences and goals.
- Experience giving direction and art feedback to other artists on craft.
- Strong communicator.
- Experience working in stylized art styles.
- Experience with UE4.
- Experience working with outsourcing teams.
- Experience in video game development pipelines.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy