Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving. Knowledge of multiple areas including rendering, systems, audio, gameplay, animation etc. is desired. We expect you to work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best player experience possible. You are excited by challenging problems and are motivated to see projects to completion.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC and San Mateo, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to either studio. This is full-time, permanent position.
- Design, prototype, implement, and polish game systems and tools using C++ & UE4 Blueprint.
- Identify and anticipate problems across multiple game areas, propose and execute solutions.
- Works closely with the design and engineering teams to ensure features deliver on their creative vision.
- Analyze and mitigate risk in the development schedule.
- Consult with other engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 3+ years of software experience in the games industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Highly proficient in C++
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre
- Familiarity with UE4 and blueprint.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Proficiency in Python.