Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior Animator to join our San Mateo team. As our first animator in this office, the successful candidate will be responsible for defining the animation style and developing core animation content for an original IP title.
- Work with directors in defining the animation style for an original IP title.
- Produce character and world animation to support all aspects of the game.
- Create convincing performances and complex combat movements.
- Coordinate with programmers and designers to create visually appealing gameplay.
- 10+ years experience in video game development.
- Experience tracking and ensuring the quality of large amounts of animation content.
- Experience with creature and character animation.
- Strong knowledge of Maya or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of 3d animation and performance principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- The ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience with engines such as Unreal, Unity, or modern proprietary equivalents.
- Experience with character or creature modeling.
- Rigging knowledge.
- Familiarity with iterative workflow and principles.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of 100+ developers across our locations in Vancouver, BC, and San Mateo, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 20+ million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.