Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior-level Character Animator to join our San Mateo team. As our first animator in this office, the successful candidate will be responsible for defining the animation style and developing core animation content for an original IP title.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to Phoenix Labs’ San Mateo studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. Phoenix Labs is following local government guidelines for each of its studios in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. At present, our San Mateo team is in a work from home configuration; however, this position is not suitable for remote employees in the long term. We expect the successful candidate to work onsite when we return to normal work conditions.
- Work with directors in defining the animation style for an original IP title.
- Produce character and world animation to support all aspects of the game.
- Create convincing performances and complex combat movements.
- Coordinate with programmers and designers to create visually appealing gameplay.
- 10+ years experience in video game development.
- Experience tracking and ensuring the quality of large amounts of animation content
- Experience with creature and character animation
- Strong knowledge of Maya or equivalent
- Strong understanding of 3d animation and performance principles
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- The ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience with engines such as Unreal, Unity, or modern proprietary equivalents
- Experience with character or creature modeling
- Rigging knowledge.
- Familiarity with iterative workflow and principles