Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our global Operations team, supporting our financial and accounting efforts in a fast growing organization. Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and iterative environment and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and do hard things. It is crucially important to us that members of our Operations team are integrated into the overall game development areas and do not consider their role as a part of a back office silo.
Due to the nature of work for this role, we strongly prefer the successful candidate be onsite once it's safe to do so.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Prepare and book journal entries under guidance of the Director of Finance.
- Prepare reconciliations and month-end close reporting for local and corporate requirements, using Hyperion and Excel (including, but not limited to, Fixed Assets, subledger close, SG&A accruals, PO review, B/S reconciliations, HFM reconciliations and related supplementary data forms).
- Preparation and review of monthly SG&A expenditure with FP&A and budget holders to ensure all commitments are captured.
- Perform controls related to financial reporting, including SOX controls.
- Contribute to a high-quality month-end close process including supporting other AP team members to ensure appropriate reconciliations and sub-ledger close accuracy.
- Prepare materials for off-cycle reporting, including annual balance sheet reviews.
- Support the implementation, standardization, and improvement of all processes, including testing and documentation of new systems.
- Support internal operational and external financial audits.
- University/College degree (Accounting Major) or equivalent financial accounting studies/work experience.
- Experience with large ERP financial accounting systems; specific experience with Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), including data mining tools and PivotTables.
- Prior equivalent GL work experience with a multinational company.
- Experience with month-end reporting deadlines or preparation of local statutory financial statements.
- Fluency in English required; working knowledge of French a plus.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy