Phoenix Labs is looking for an exceptional Technical Artist/Rigger to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Works closely with Design, Character Artists, and Animators to provide functional in-game assets.
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Skinning and rigging of character/prop assets, including setups for facial animation.
- Effectively learn, improve, and maintain proprietary tools.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation and Animation teams.
- 4+ years experience in video game development, preferably in look development and art asset performance.
- At least 3 years experience in Unreal 4 and strong experience in Maya.
- Experience with rigging, skinning/weighting, and character pipelines.
- Understanding of classical animation concepts and supporting animation tools.
- Understanding of next gen character creation concepts, including high quality facial animation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Experience with procedural world creation systems.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Some experience with C++.
- Experience with in-engine scripting.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy