Phoenix Labs is looking to hire an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst. A successful candidate would have extensive and recent experience testing video games on various consoles and PC.
This position requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and will include working with a remote team to maximize testing efforts. Our team also believes in working with players directly to identify complicated real-world problems, so player-facing communication experience would be valuable.
Phoenix Labs is located in Vancouver, BC. Applicants must live within commuting distance to the studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors such as speed and volume of data transfer, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Finding, reporting, and regressing bugs in our premiere title, Dauntless.
- Working directly with players to help diagnose issues via our forums.
- Providing feedback on new gameplay systems, as well as new content coming into the game.
- Working closely with the live, publishing, and development teams to ensure high quality product releases.
- 2+ years of software testing experience, with some portion of that being within in video games.
- Familiarity with a broad selection of modern video games.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Understanding of Git and Perforce
- Unreal Engine 4 familiarity, or a working understanding of other modern game engines
- Experience working with JIRA bug databases
- Understanding of Agile development practices and methodologies
- Experience with cloud-based server infrastructure
- Mobile testing experience
- Multiplayer testing experience