Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance professional to join the Dauntless team. A successful candidate would have extensive and recent experience testing video games on various consoles, PC, and experience working as an embedded member of an agile team. This is not an entry level QA position - resumes without previous experience in QA in the games industry will not be considered.
This position requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and will include working with a remote team to maximize testing efforts. Our team also believes in working with players directly to identify complicated real-world problems, so player-facing communication experience would be valuable.
Applicants must live within commuting distnce to our Vancouver, BC office Due to the collaborative nature of this job and the need to iterate quickly this position is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Investigation and diagnosis of bugs and issues in our premiere title, Dauntless
- Own the quality of new features, from the prototyping phase all the way to release.
- Working directly with players to help diagnose issues via our forums
- Identification of systems that would benefit from automation or automated testing
- Regular communication with our remote testing team
- Providing feedback on new gameplay systems, as well as new content coming into the game
- Working closely with the live, publishing, and development teams to ensure high quality product releases
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in QA in the video game industry
- Familiarity with a broad selection of modern video games
- Exceptional communication skills
- Unreal Engine 4 familiarity, or a working understanding of other modern game engines
- Shipped at least one full title
- Familiarity with console certification test cases
- Understanding of Git and Perforce
- Experience working with JIRA bug databases
- Understanding of Agile development practices and methodologies
- Experience with cloud-based server infrastructure
- Mobile testing experience