Phoenix Labs is looking for a Producer to manage Localization for our flagship title, Dauntless. We are seeking a hands-on manager who is excited to manage localization end to end so Slayers around the world can play and enjoy Dauntless. We have over 10 million Slayers worldwide, on 5 platforms, that require your expertise.
You have a strong understanding of what it takes to bring a live game to communities of players across the globe and understand that Localization is more than just translating from one language to another. The successful candidate will have the fortitude to drive change within a vibrant player community, possess exceptional communication skills, and rigorous organizational skills, allowing them to be effective within a multi-disciplinary live development environment.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC and San Francisco, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to either studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors such as speed and volume of information transfer, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Directly manage a community of translators and external vendors to maintain our localization effort to support live game releases and the ongoing publishing campaign.
- Accountable for all aspects of project scope, schedule, quality, and budget for localization.
- Collaborate with the Development and Publishing teams on the feel, and flow of the Dauntless experience in all supported languages across multiple regions.
- Collaborate with the development team to support the addition of new languages, content and systems with the goal of optimizing and improving the localization process.
- Build excellent relationships with our translation community, vendors, the development and publishing teams to facilitate closer integration with localization and process improvement.
- Actively manage and mitigate risk and lead problem resolution as issues arise.
- Maintain a Jira database tracking all Localization issues working with the Quality Assurance team to test and resolve issues on a biweekly release cycle.
- Deliver assistance to feature leads and producers areas as required.
- 3+ years experience in project management or production in games.
- At home within dynamic, team-based environments, navigating inter-dependencies, and managing output.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- A focus on doing what’s best for players, even if that means sacrificing some of the bottom line.
- Competitive knowledge of other games in the action-RPG and PC space, including Dauntless and other notable free-to-play games.
- Experienced and comfortable with using on a daily basis the following software & tools: Unreal Engine, Crowdin, Confluence, Jira
- Specific experience in Localization project management in games
- Fluency in two or more languages
- Experience with scripting or programming
- Voiceover recording management
- Community management