Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Feature Producer to manage an internal content development team on our flagship live title, Dauntless. We are seeking a hands-on project manager/creative producer who is excited to join our team and help drive feature development in a free-to-play ecosystem that’s mutually beneficial for Dauntless’ players and Phoenix Labs.
The Feature Producer we are looking for must have the foresight to plan new features that align with Dauntless and Phoenix Labs’ product goals, the fortitude to drive live changes within a vibrant player community, and possess exceptional communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate is an expert project and product manager and who knows the ins & outs of multi platform game development and thrives in a fast paced results driven environment.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to Phoenix Labs’ Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. It is not suitable for remote employees.
- Work with and coordinate a cross functional development team of Software Engineers, Designers and Artists
- Accountable for all aspects of feature team scope, schedule, quality, budget, planning and tracking
- Management of Daily Standups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Collaborate with the development team to support all aspects of maintaining Dauntless as a top quality live game
- Build excellent relationships with our studio, our vendors, and our community
- Actively manage and mitigate risk and lead problem resolution as issues arise
- Maintain a Jira database tracking all Feature issues and working with the Quality Assurance team to test and resolve issues on a biweekly release cycle
- Deliver assistance to other feature leads and producers areas as required
- 3+ years experience in Project Management in games
- Shipped at least 1 multi platform game title
- At home within dynamic, team-based environments, navigating inter-dependencies, and managing output
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- A focus on doing what’s best for players, even if that means sacrificing some of the bottom line
- Competitive knowledge of other games in the action-RPG and PC space, including Dauntless and other notable free-to-play games
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Google Suite, Slack
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Perforce
- Experience building and delivering organizational reports