Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Marketing Copywriter to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The ideal candidate is a captivating storyteller and excited by connecting with players worldwide. They can confidently communicate through a variety of mediums including written, spoken, and video and inspire their listeners to action. They constantly seek to build trust and open communication between players, the industry, and the studio.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran game developers to build upon the successful cross-platform launch of Dauntless and help make Dauntless the top online MMO.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, onsite permanent position.
- Work with development teams to tell compelling stories about their features.
- Own marketing copywriting for a variety of mediums.
- Collaborate with other teams to write blog posts and community updates.
- Author copy for owned channels including: website, newsletters,and in-game messages.
- Support the community team in authoring content for social media and online forums.
- Assist the PR team by conducting media outreach and drafting press releases.
- Craft internal talking points and FAQs and educate the studio on tone and voice.
- Support the team in developing branding and style guidelines.
- 3 - 5+ years professional copywriting experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intimate understanding of video game culture.
- Expert-level knowledge of action-RPG and free-to-play games.
- Strong time management skills; ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities while setting clear external expectations.
- Proactive and strong work ethic, eager to learn and step outside comfort zone.
- Strong interpersonal skills; capable of communicating and collaborating with multiple colleagues and stakeholders.
- Portfolio that demonstrates ability to write both long- and short-form copy.
- Able to graciously accept and integrate feedback.
- Active Dauntless player
- Experience interfacing with press and media
- Familiar with HTML, markdown, and CMS
- Experience working in video game development