Phoenix Labs is looking for a Lead UI Software Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless, focusing on UI/UX implementation. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving. You will work collaboratively with the art team in order to deliver the best UI experience possible.
Phoenix Labs is located in Vancouver, BC. Applicants must live within commuting distance to the studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes UI features.
- Partner with UX Designers and UI Artists to ensure features deliver on their creative vision.
- Leads and mentors a team of UI developers.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the UI development schedule.
- Consult with other Engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 8+ years of UI experience in the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Strong coding skills in C++ to extend the engine where necessary.
- Experience scripting in Unreal (preferably Blueprints).
- Experience working on a networked game (Client/Server model).
- Experience debugging and optimizing in a multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with content developers.
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with modern web analytics and data-driven product evolution.
- Experience deploying and supporting applications on cloud platforms (Google, AWS).
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy