Phoenix Labs is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate will have a deep love of creating the best environments and levels for our players, and experience in leading a team to do the same.
- Join the level creation team in a lead capacity to shape the vision, build, and own the dynamic Floating Islands of Dauntless.
- Work with game design to prototype and build gameplay-centric arenas and levels.
- Work with the Art Director and Island team to conceive, visualize, and execute on environments that fit within the Dauntless style.
- Build individual art assets, from foliage to city clutter, in the Dauntless style.
- Manage 4 to 6 direct reports from the Environment Art team.
- Minimum 5 years level art experience.
- Strong knowledge of modern level creation best practices.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic levels and 3D assets.
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and Substance Designer.
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience leading and managing an environment-focused art team.
- Working familiarity with current MMOs and Free to Play Games.
- Experience creating environments in Unreal Engine 4.
- Passionate about the Action RPG and/or Hunting genre games.
- Experience developing live, in-release products.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of 100+ developers across our locations in Vancouver, BC, and San Mateo, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 20+ million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.