Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Web Developer to support the marketing, publishing, and development efforts of our products and brands. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, creative, and detail oriented. Applicants must have effective communication skills and collaborate with our operations, marketing, and game development teams. If you are excited by new challenges — and a gamer at heart — this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Burnaby studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions, this role will be onsite in Burnaby.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Architect, build, and maintain the Phoenix Labs, Dauntless, and future game websites.
- Partner with marketing, operations, and development teams to create new web content to support our product and corporate goals.
- Update website styles and systems as needed to ensure that our teams can easily publish blogs/patch notes.
- Work with Git on a daily basis.
- Comfortable using Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Experience working with templating languages such as Liquid.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team and is able to provide direction and requirements for new website content.
- Comfortable taking ownership of a task and seeing it through, seeking feedback or direction where needed to ensure that content releases are published on time and on-brand.
- Values Quality Assurance and dedicated to thorough testing to ensure that all releases are bug free.
- Love of video games and geek culture.
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies.
- Experience working with localized websites.
- Experience working with Jekyll static site generator (or the desire to learn).
- Experience writing CSS using Sass (or the desire to learn).
- Experience working with automation tools like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, npm, etc.
- Experience building complex HTML based animations.
- Basic familiarity with Python to more easily be able understand our APIs and our various scripts.
- Experience with Jenkins.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy