Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Gameplay Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and exciting environment and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and do hard things. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran game developers to build upon the successful cross-platform launch of Dauntless and to make Dauntless the top online MMO.
The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving. The applicant must have experience developing gameplay features for a networked game. They will work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay features. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran game developers to build upon the successful cross-platform launch of Dauntless and to make Dauntless the top online MMO.
- Produce tools or debug features to help designers or programmers polish gameplay features.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Creates automated tests to ensure the quality of shipping features.
- Consult with other Engineers and Designers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game features and systems.
- 4+ years of software experience in the games industry
- Highly proficient in C++
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas: AI, animation, combat systems, network optimization and metagame systems.
- Experience implementing game features in a multiplayer environment.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers -Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre
- Familiar with console (XB1, PS4, Switch) development
- Good knowledge of UE4 and Blueprints
- Live service experience