Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Gameplay Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving. The applicant must have experience writing metagame features and gameplay systems. They will work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver studio. This is full-time, permanent position.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay systems and tools.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay team on progression, metagame, narrative, and gameplay features.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Consult with other Engineers and Designers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 3+ years of software experience in the games industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Highly proficient in C++ (familiarity with UE4 is a plus)
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus