Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and versatile Gameplay Programmer to work on our newest AAA game. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for gameplay and gameplay systems. They will work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay systems.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay team on characters, abilities, gadgets, weapons as well as various gameplay mechanics and systems.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Consult with other Programmers and Designers on the team to change, adapt or refactorsystems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 5+ years of gameplay programming experience.
- Highly proficient in C++ (familiarity with UE4 is a plus).
- At least one shipped title.
- Experience with multiplayer games is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Strong passion for gameplay systems.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy