Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced and collaborative 3D environment artist with great communication skills, to join the Dauntless team in building new and exciting worlds for Slayers to explore. The successful candidate will work within multi disciplinary teams to create beautiful, stylized spaces that support gameplay while creating cohesive, compelling levels.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to Phoenix Labs’ Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. It is not suitable for remote employees.
- Coordinate with concept artists to execute unique environments from concept to completion.
- Create stylized art assets for all aspects of an environment including layout, prop building and placement, textures and materials, terrain and lighting.
- Provide guidance to outsourcing artists to deliver on-style, high quality assets.
- Coordinate with technical artists and engineers to deliver optimized, performant assets and levels.
- 3+ years experience in video game development as an Environment Artist.
- Strong knowledge of Unreal 4, Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Designer and/or Painter.
- Experience with high to low poly sculpting workflow and PBR textures and materials for games.
- Experience creating fully prop decorated levels and basic lighting set up.
- Understanding of basic level design principles.
- Portfolio examples of stylized 3D assets.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Experience with lighting for games.
- Experience with advanced materials creation and Blueprinting in UE4.
- Experience with high level creative direction for environments.
- Experience creating promotional materials for marketing.