Phoenix Labs is looking for a Director of Finance to join our team in supporting, Dauntless, one of the fastest growing free to play titles in the world. You will be the heart and soul of our efforts to be thoughtful, effective, and efficient in developing, implementing, and operating our financial, accounting, and legal efforts.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver, BC studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. If you have not worked in the games industry prior, please be sure to include in your cover letter what specifically draws you to this role, studio, and/or industry. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Finance & Business Operations
- Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Partner with teams to help them make financially sound and operationally efficient decisions.
- Plan and measure how resources are deployed / define metrics to make sure resources are aligned with strategy.
- Support developing and assessing strategies with solid business modeling and decision analysis.
- Develop financing and cash management strategies, and monitor market conditions.
Controls and Reporting
- Oversee internal control systems, procedures, general ledger and revenue accounting, international tax, and FP&A.
- Oversee the submission of financial info conforming to IFRS, US GAAP, and local / statutory needs across multiple international entities.
- Manage our reporting efforts and requirements.
Accounting and Legal coordination
- Provide guidance to internal finance team as well as coordinate between external groups and parent company accounting groups.
- 5+ years of experience working in a senior finance role.
- Experience with the challenges of operating in a global organization, dealing with international accounting and tax practices, and managing multiple entities in several countries across the world.
- Knowledge of international and domestic accounting standards and tax codes, IFRS, GAAP, and SOX compliance regulations.
- Craft knowledge and experience working across Accounting, FP&A, and Tax. Specific experience working in an accrual based accounting system.
- Experience building successful Finance teams in a growing, evolving organization.
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, a bias to action, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills that enable clear & concise communication to all levels of the organization. Strong data visualization skills to help leaders digest complex information in an accessible manner.
- Confidentiality & integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information. Strong reputation for professional integrity, seasoned business judgment & objectivity.
- Passion for games and the video game industry.