Phoenix Labs is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. We are seeking a tenacious storyteller who is excited to engage with millions of potential new players. This role has an expert understanding of digital marketing strategy, including digital acquisition and advertising, performance based marketing, 1st party marketing, and social media. This Digital Marketing Manager is also deeply familiar with online game development and understands how game development works. Adept communication skills, a data mindset, creativity, and project management experience are a must.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC and San Francisco, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to either studio. Due to the collaborative nature of this job and the need to iterate quickly, this position is unsuitable for remote employees.This is full-time, permanent position.
- Plan and manage paid user acquisition across social media and network sites (including budgeting and purchasing).
- Manage relationships with network sites including CPMStar, Future, and Gamer Network.
- Discover, explore, and deploy campaigns across emergent ad networks.
- Produce, optimize, and manage static and video ads.
- Partner with 1st party publishers to develop compelling marketing plans on their platforms - both editorial and paid.
- Evaluate and create c-level reports for ad campaigns.
- Collaborate with other marketing disciplines including PR and community to align initiatives and develop cohesive plans.
- 3+ years purchasing and optimizing ads across social media networks, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google, and Instagram.
- 3+ years partnering with ad networks to create brand campaigns and awareness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Excels at developing creative campaigns and assets.
- Expert level experience in collecting and interpreting data. Know what questions to ask.
- Expert level knowledge of mobile acquisition in addition to desktop.
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- Familiar with 1st party ecosystems and partnering with them for editorial and paid placements.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and/or Premiere.
- Competitive knowledge of other games in the action-RPG and PC space.
- Experience with mySQL and writing queries.
- Experience building and delivering organizational reports.
- Expert level knowledge of Dauntless.