Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Data Analytics Lead to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, expertise in growing and managing a team, and the ability to lead our organization’s strategy for making thoughtful use of the information we gather to delight our players. This includes analyzing massive amounts of data to inform product strategy and direction, and working across all aspects of the product to better understand the performance, potential, and opportunity spaces for Dauntless.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver, BC studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors such as speed and volume of data transfer, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Hire, manage, and grow a team focused on improving the data informed capabilities and culture of our studio.
- Partner with feature leads to inform the strategic direction of Dauntless.
- Collect and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors and desires.
- Help us understand the needs and wants of our players from all over the world.
- Design experiments and provide perspective to test teams’ assumptions and inform their actions.
- Share your results in digestable dashboards and presentations.
- Minimum of five years professional work experience analyzing large data sets and informing company strategy, or in management consulting.
- Experience managing, leading, and mentoring a team.
- Experience crafting and aligning a team vision, supported by strong strategic thinking skills and excellent collaboration capabilities.
- Proven experience writing SQL queries.
- Familiarity with privacy, security, and technical considerations of a data informed organization with global reach.
- Experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau.
- Love of video games.
- A graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights, or product strategy or revenue strategy.
- Knowledge in Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience, knowledge, or willingness to learn qualitative user research (surveys, focus groups, ethnographic research).
- Experience working in media, entertainment, consumer products, or technology.