Phoenix Labs is looking for an exceptional Concept Artist to join our team to help develop awe-inspiring new Behemoths, aspirational sets of armour, and compelling new weapons for Dauntless. This candidate is a gamer at heart, and views their designs through the eyes of a player. They must love to collaborate and will work closely with their team to create designs that support and strengthen epic gameplay experiences.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC and San Francisco, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to one of these locations. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Create awe-inspiring concepts for new Behemoths that open doors for exciting new gameplay encounters.
- Fully explore the artistic vision of a Behemoth encounter via personality explorations, animation studies, VFX concepts, prop concepts, etc.
- Create compelling new weapon and armour concepts and detailed production design breakouts for 3D artists to build them.
- Support internal and external production artists by giving paintovers, feedback, and iterations to help achieve the artistic vision.
- Work collaboratively with designers, animators, tech, and VFX artists to create exciting new concepts that balance creative vision with technical realities, and gameplay design goals.
- Ability to create stylized designs for characters and creatures that are memorable, compelling, and express personality, character, and mood.
- In-depth knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- Digital art proficiency (Photoshop/Painter).
- Ability to create designs that are thematically aligned with gameplay experiences.
- Loves the visual style of Dauntless and had a passion to push it to the next level.
- A passion for games and skillful combat experiences.
- Experience in game engines (UE4/Unity)
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in video game development pipelines