Phoenix Labs is looking for a Community Manager to own Localization for our flagship title, Dauntless. We are seeking a hands-on individual who is excited to manage localization end to end so Slayers around the world can play and enjoy Dauntless. We have over 15 million Slayers worldwide, on 5 platforms, that require your expertise.
You have a strong understanding of what it takes to bring a live game to communities of players across the globe and understand that Localization is more than just translating from one language to another. The successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, a passion for international cultures, and rigorous organizational skills.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors such as speed and volume of information transfer, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Directly manage and motivate a community of translators and external vendors to maintain our localization effort to support live game releases and the ongoing publishing campaign.
- Accountable for timelines and deliverables, including emergent last minute deadlines.
- When necessary recruit new community translators and be comfortable having difficult conversations with existing ones.
- Accountable for providing data on efficacy of not only localization efforts, but also regional performance.
- Collaborate with the Development and Publishing teams on the feel, and flow of the Dauntless experience in all supported languages across multiple regions.
- Collaborate with the development team to support the addition of new languages, content and systems with the goal of optimizing and improving the localization process.
- Be a present and inspirational voice daily for our community translation team
- Identify risk and educate teams to help improve process and workflows.
- Maintain a Jira database tracking all Localization issues working with the Quality Assurance team to test and resolve issues on a biweekly release cycle.
- 3+ years experience in community management
- At home within dynamic, team-based environments, navigating inter-dependencies, and managing output of others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- A focus on doing what’s best for players, even if that means sacrificing some of the bottom line.
- Competitive knowledge of other games in the action-RPG and PC space, including Dauntless and other notable free-to-play games.
- Experienced and comfortable with using on a daily basis the following software & tools: Unreal Engine, Crowdin, Confluence, Jira.
- Project management or localization experience in games.
- Fluency in two or more languages.
- Experience with scripting or programming.
- Voiceover recording management.