Phoenix Labs is looking for a Community Lead to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. This role focuses on producing and directing community content and culture to shape and promote engaging, productive conversations and memorable experiences. The successful candidate will be a gaming community expert, able to represent and advocate for players directly with the development team. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), content production, analytics, conflict resolution, and collaboration are a must to succeed. The ideal candidate will also have their fingers on the pulse of not only the games industry but online trends, culture, and emergent social platforms as well.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC and San Francisco, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver location. This is a full-time, permanent position. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors such as speed and volume of information transfer, this job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Own the strategy and vision for community and studio engagement.
- Develop strategy and plans for various social media platforms, including brand and individual profiles.
- Accountable for content plans; daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Be a face of Phoenix Labs to the community. Must be a professional and confident public personality.
- Own online discussion platforms, including Reddit, forums, social media, and Discord.
- Expert at interfacing with press and industry. Able to develop strategies and training for Phoenix Labs employees to do the same.
- Able to mentor and grow team members on both marketing and development teams.
- Create a vision for bringing the Dauntless experience outside of just the game.
- Promote a culture of transparency, honesty, and authenticity in our dialogue and actions with the community.
- Contribute to the direction and analysis of the Dauntless brand and its cultural impact.
- 7+ years in a community or marketing role.
- 5+ years in the video game industry.
- 3+ years managing a team of individuals, including performance management.
- Expert level experience in action RPG and hunting-action genres.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office, and G Suite.
- Experience managing a community for a service based game.
- Data informed and able to define key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Experience with CRM and email.
- Has existing relationships with both press outlets and key community members in the video game industry.
- Familiar with HTML and web CMS.
- Proficient with basic Adobe Photoshop and Premiere tasks.