Phoenix Labs is looking for a Community Associate to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. This role focuses on engaging with players on the frontlines social media and other real-time communication channels. The successful candidate will possess a quick wit, a firm grasp on internet social dynamics, and a passion for creating online fun from scratch. The ideal candidate will also have sharp writing skills, a data-driven passion for experimentation, and solid organization skills. This position will support marketing and branding efforts across social channels, forums, the Dauntless Partner Program, and live events as an integral part of the Publishing team.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC and San Francisco, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to either location. This is a full-time, permanent position. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors such as speed and volume of information transfer, this job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Day to day monitoring and operation of Dauntless conversations, social channels, forums, and online presences.
- Manage a strategy for supporting global conversations across time zones.
- Monitor trends and deliver reports covering the Dauntless community, related social conversations, and the efficacy of social campaigns.
- Own feedback process, both from community to development team and development team back to community.
- Representing the studio at industry and social functions, as well as through online streaming and social platforms.
- Adhere to and serve in the development of the Dauntless and Phoenix Labs brands.
- Identify and act on emerging opportunities and social trends.
- 2+ years of game-specific community/social management
- Active online gamer and social media participant
- Strong knowledge of social marketing and online marketing trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interacting with and providing relevant feedback to development teams
- Practical knowledge of video game culture and sociology
- Familiarity with online streaming platforms and related partner/influencer marketing trends
- Experience producing and hosting online streaming programs
- Experience managing partner/influencer marketing networks
- Familiarity with and passion for the MMO/RPG/Action RPG genre
- Familiar with HTML and CMS
- Proficient with basic Adobe Photoshop tasks