Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Build Engineer. The successful candidate must have experience with at least one continuous integration system (Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, Circle, etc) and strong python skills. We expect you to work collaboratively with the development team in order to deliver the best developer experience possible. You are excited by challenging problems and are motivated to see projects to completion.
- Design, prototype, implement, and polish internal systems and workflow tools using C++, C#, and/or Python.
- Champion automation to solve build and testing problems.
- Identify and anticipate problems across a variety of tools, areas, and systems, propose and execute solutions.
- Respond to issues as they arise.
- Analyze and mitigate risk in the development schedule.
- Consult with other engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with the rest of the Build/Tools team to ensure system stability.
- 3+ years of software experience in the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Highly proficient in Python.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Strong debugging, optimization, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills in a cross development team environment.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Familiarity with UE4 and blueprint.
- Familiarity with Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like chef or ansible a plus.
- Experience with virtual machine and container provisioning tools a plus.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Proficiency in C# or C++.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of 100+ developers across our locations in Vancouver, BC, and San Mateo, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 20+ million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.