Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Build Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skill and have a passion for problem solving. Experience with at least one continuous integration system (Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, Circle, etc) is desired. We expect you to work collaboratively with the engineering team in order to deliver the best developer experience possible. You are excited by challenging problems and are motivated to see projects to completion.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC and San Mateo, CA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to either studio. This is full-time, permanent position.
- Design, prototype, implement, and polish internal systems and workflow tools using C++, C#, and/or Python.
- Identify and anticipate problems across a variety of tools, areas, and systems, propose and execute solutions.
- Respond to issues as they arise.
- Analyze and mitigate risk in the development schedule.
- Consult with other engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with the rest of the Build/Tools team to ensure system stability.
- 3+ years of software experience in the games industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Highly proficient in C++
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong debugging, optimization, and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre
- Familiarity with UE4 and blueprint.
- Familiarity with Jenkins.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Proficiency in Python.