Phoenix Labs MTL is looking to hire an experienced Big Data Developer. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills, be able to work side by side with programmers, data analyst and service developers, and be passionate about owning a reliable high-volume data pipeline and related analysis system.
- Work with project leads in cross-discipline teams, to architect, design, implement, and support reliable, secure, and scalable data pipelines.
- Make architectural recommendations for performance, stability, and security.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor application performance and detect defects in the live product.
- Assist with planning, estimation, and distribution of work.
- Experience developing in Python; or other similar server-side languages.
- Experience building large scale data pipelines (streaming and batch).
- Experience building with data handling frameworks (Beam, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow).
- Experience with data warehouses and data lakes.
- Experience deploying and supporting systems on cloud platforms (Google, AWS).
- Minimum 5+ years experience building online services, with 3+ building data pipeline.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and related tools (Terraform).
- Experience with the software-as-a-service product model.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with analytics and data-driven product evolution.
- Experience with container-based or serverless deployment (Docker/Kubernetes Lambda/Cloud Functions).
- Interest in developing in Rust.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Learn more about our multi-studio strategy