Phoenix Labs, developers of Dauntless, are looking for a Technical Audio Designer to join our team. This role bridges the gap between Programming and Sound Design. You will be required to troubleshoot, de-bug and implement audio through scripting and node-based/object oriented programming.
This is a technical role and therefore familiarity with scripting languages, knowledge of C++ and an understanding/interest in Audio Programming is essential. The successful candidate will act as a liaison between Audio Designers and Software Engineers in all disciplines to reach our quality goals and improve systems and workflows.
The Technical Audio Designer will be the investigator, doing a deep dive on systems and sharing the findings with the Audio Director and team to improve our workflows and knowledge base. The successful candidate will have a direct role in developing new tech on exciting, creative and dynamic gameplay.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, onsite permanent position.
- Optimising audio development workflows.
- Authoring technical audio documentation.
- Troubleshooting errors and investigating solutions.
- Implementing new technology, updating Middleware to new projects and platforms.
- Pursuit of quality improvements as a result of critical listening.
- Sound design and mixing as necessary based on workload of the team.
- Liaison with multiple disciplines to reach audio goals.
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimization.
- Work closely with various disciplines (art, design, and engineering) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all aspects of game-play and fully realized.
- Help define the audio vision of the game by working with the Audio Director and Audio Team.
- 3+ years experience and at least 1 shipped title.
- Advanced knowledge of Unreal Blueprints.
- Passion for quality in Game Audio.
- Familiarity with industry standards for AAA Audio experiences.
- Experience in Middleware, DAWs, Plugins and audio software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and obsessive attention to detail.
- Experience managing pipelines and build processes.
- Experience scripting in C#.
- Basic experience programming in C++.
- High level of proficiency with Wwise in Unreal and Unity.
- Proficiency in Sound Design using Reaper and other industry tools.
- Experience with DSP programming.
- Experience shipping a AAA game title.