Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a 3D Generalist. This broadly experienced artist will work with the Art Director and a tightly-knit dev team to help develop the look and feel, and support gameplay, of a new original-IP project. Growing with the team, this individual will create the game’s first gold-standard assets and establish processes that will become the foundation for content creation moving forward.
- Work with the Art Director to develop the art style of original IP title, through visual exploration and look development.
- Create the game’s first gold standard assets, establishing a high quality bar to which all future content will be held.
- Build world, character, creature, weapon, vehicle, and VFX assets.
- Establish workflows and processes in content creation.
- 10+ years experience in video game development.
- Some experience in multiple facets of game art, from modeling and texturing to VFX and animation.
- Strong knowledge of Maya or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- The ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- A propensity to keep up to date with the latest art creation tools.
- Experience working with procedural art systems.
- Familiarity with iterative workflow and principles.
- In-engine Look dev.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of 100+ developers across our locations in Vancouver, BC, and San Mateo, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 20+ million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.