Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a 3D Generalist to join our San Mateo studio. This broadly experienced artist will work with the Art Director and a tightly-knit dev team to help develop the look and feel, and support gameplay, of a new original-IP project. Growing with the team, this individual will create the game’s first gold-standard assets and establish processes that will become the foundation for content creation moving forward.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to Phoenix Labs’ San Mateo studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. Phoenix Labs is following local government guidelines for each of its studios in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. At present, our San Mateo team is in a work from home configuration; however, this position is not suitable for remote employees in the long term. We expect the successful candidate to work onsite when we return to normal work conditions.
- Work with the Art Director to develop the art style of original IP title, through visual exploration and look development
- Create the game’s first gold standard assets, establishing a high quality bar to which all future content will be held
- Build world, character, creature, weapon, vehicle, and VFX assets
- Establish workflows and processes in content creation
- 10+ years experience in video game development.
- Some experience in multiple facets of game art, from modeling and texturing to VFX and animation
- Strong knowledge of Maya or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Dynamic problem-solving skills
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team
- The ability to take and provide constructive feedback
- A propensity to keep up to date with the latest art creation tools
- Experience working with procedural art systems
- Familiarity with iterative workflow and principles
- In-engine Look dev