Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced and collaborative Animator with strong communication skills to join the Dauntless team. The successful candidate will work as a part of a multidisciplinary feature team to create stylized and appealing animation for characters, creatures, and Behemoths in Dauntless.
Phoenix Labs has offices in Vancouver, BC, San Mateo, CA, and Seattle, WA. Applicants must live within commuting distance to one of the studios. This is full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Work closely with designers and feature leads, and the animation department as a whole, to achieve the best animation vision possible.
- Collaborate with our external outsourcing animation team to deliver on-style, high quality animation.
- Work closely with Technical Artists to help define rigs, animation tools and asset implementation processes.
- Collaborate with Producers to plan tasks and deliver them on time.
- 3+ years experience in video game development
- Experience with key frame animation.
- Self-motivation, organization skills and a strong work ethic.
- A strong understanding of weight, timing, spacing, and appeal, as demonstrated through a demo reel.
- Solid understanding of body mechanics and human/creature anatomy.
- Experience with creature or animal animation.
- Strong knowledge of Maya.
- Strong understanding of animation and performance principles and supporting animation tools.
- Ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Experience with exporting and delivering animation through a game engine.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with MotionBuilder.
- Experience with motion capture.
- Experience working with outsourcing groups.
- Experience tracking and ensuring the quality of large amounts of animation content, be it created internally or externally.
- Experience with character or creature modeling.
- Rigging knowledge.
- Familiarity with the iterative workflow of a live product.