Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced and collaborative Animator with strong communication skills to join the Dauntless team. The successful candidate will work as a part of a multidisciplinary feature team to create stylized and appealing animation for characters, creatures, and Behemoths in Dauntless.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to Phoenix Labs’ Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. It is not suitable for remote employees
- Work closely with designers and feature leads, and the animation department as a whole, to achieve the best animation vision possible.
- Collaborate with our external outsourcing animation team to deliver on-style, high quality animation.
- Work closely with Technical Artists to help define rigs, animation tools and asset implementation processes.
- Collaborate with Producers to plan tasks and deliver them on time.
- 3+ years experience in video game development
- Experience with key frame animation.
- Self-motivation, organization skills and a strong work ethic.
- A strong understanding of weight, timing, spacing, and appeal, as demonstrated through a demo reel.
- Solid understanding of body mechanics and human/creature anatomy.
- Experience with creature or animal animation.
- Strong knowledge of Maya.
- Strong understanding of animation and performance principles and supporting animation tools.
- Ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Experience with exporting and delivering animation through a game engine.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with MotionBuilder.
- Experience with motion capture.
- Experience working with outsourcing groups.
- Experience tracking and ensuring the quality of large amounts of animation content, be it created internally or externally.
- Experience with character or creature modeling.
- Rigging knowledge.
- Familiarity with the iterative workflow of a live product.