Phoenix Labs is looking for a highly organized and detail oriented human to support the financial aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must be excited by new challenges, be results oriented, and be a gamer at heart.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver, BC studio. This is full-time, permanent position. If you have not worked in the games industry prior, please be sure to include in your cover letter what specifically draws you to this role, studio, and/or industry.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Maintain Accounts Payable records and process payments efficiently
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
- Monitor bank accounts and record deposits into Quickbooks
- Assist with Accounts Receivable data entry and recordkeeping
- Assist with monthly reporting needs and gathering data as requested
- Act as first point of contact for payroll enquiries
- Enter employee out of pocket expenses into Quickbooks and ensure that they are reimbursed via payroll in a timely manner
- Record payroll adjustments efficiently and accurately on a two week cadence, across multiple jurisdictions.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent problem solving skills and willing to take initiative; a “can-do attitude”
- Strong communicator; capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners at all levels of seniority.
- Strong skills in Quickbooks Online, as well as MS Office (especially Excel) and/or Google Sheets
- Love of video games and geek culture.
- Post-secondary accounting diploma or certificate
- Previous administrative experience within the video games, entertainment, or software industries