Phoenix Labs is looking for an Administrative Assistant (Office Coordinator) to join our Operations team, taking on a wide range of duties and responsibilities, all of which contribute to the overall smooth running of our studio and support of our team. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, be excited by new challenges and an ever changing to-do list, and be a gamer at heart.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to our Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. If you have not worked in the games industry prior, please be sure to include in your cover letter what specifically draws you to this role, studio, and/or industry.
- Assist in organizing meetings, conferences, team building, catering, and special events logistics, onsite & offsite
- Re-stocking supplies such as office stationery and kitchen items
- Answering the door, receiving packages and mail
- Travel booking
- Coordinating facilities requests with the building
- General organization and tidying of the studio, meeting rooms, etc
- Assist in recruiting (greeting candidates, setting up interviews, handling NDAs, etc)
- First day logistics for new hires (including desk setup, orientation, etc)
- Other various tasks or projects as directed
- 1-3 years of office experience, or retail experience in which you performed similar duties
- Strong ability to solve problems proactively
- Possesses good judgment and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has experience working with confidential information and documentation
- Demonstrate ability to work accurately, follow instructions, and handle multiple priorities.
- Enthusiastic, with an excellent work ethic.
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and/or Google Apps (Docs/Sheets) and Gmail
- Love of video games and geek culture