Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Environment Artist to join our cozy and magical farm sim, Fae Farm! In this role, you will use your talents to collaborate with our art team in the creation of environments and game-ready assets. You will help drive quality and accountability of environments to meet the visual goals of the project.
The ideal candidate has a strong artistic background, passionate about creating high quality assets that help push the visual quality of our game worlds, and is a strong collaborator who is willing to solve a variety of production challenges.
- Work closely with various disciplines to ensure the creation of high quality environments
- Set high quality standards while taking into account the technology constraints and other discipline’s needs
- Help contribute to any documentation and style guides as well as provide feedback to external art partners
- Participate in research and development on latest industry tools, technologies, and workflows
- Set quality standards and contribute to the studio environment art community of practice to raise the bar of quality at the studio
- Several years of 3D environment creation experience with multiple shipped game titles
- Solid understanding of stylized worlds and hard surface skills to achieve the visual look established by the art direction of the game
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Designer
- Ability to accurately capture the essence of a design without the need of detailed orthographic images
- Understanding of color and values to help elevate the overall quality of the work
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your in-game environment artwork to high standards
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine
- Ability to do some concept design work
Please note that our compensation varies between the US & Canada as each market has a different cost of labor.
Phoenix Labs believes in pay equity and we welcome conversations with candidates on how their salary expectations align with our established ranges. As you progress through the interview process, it may be determined that your experience might align better with a higher/lower level of position than you originally applied for and, should that happen, we will discuss the new pay range with you before moving forward with additional interviews or an offer.
US Benefits - Phoenix Labs offers competitive benefits including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans as well as HSA/FSA options. For 2023, we match employees contributions to their 401(k) up to 5% of their salaries. We provide employees with a flexible PTO plan, 11 paid holidays for 2023, and unlimited sick time.
Canada Benefits - Phoenix Labs covers the cost of basic medical for employees and their dependents, in addition to offering generous Dental and Paramedical Services. For 2023, we match employees' contributions to their RRSP up to 5% of their salaries. We provide employees with a flexible vacation plan, all the Provincial Statutory holidays, and unlimited sick time.
Benefits listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment and/or work location. Benefit plan details will be provided upon a candidate receiving an offer of employment.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has physical studios located in Vancouver (BC) and Montreal, but we are open to remote or hybrid for most of our roles. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship for qualified candidates, as needed.