Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior UI Engineer to work on a new IP, focusing on UI/UX implementation. The successful candidate must have professional C++ experience and have a keen interest in creating a seamless and best-in-class user experience. We are a highly collaborative studio and you’ll get to partner closely with art & design teams in order to collectively deliver a delightful UI experience for our players.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes UI features.
- Works closely with UI artists to ensure UI features deliver on their creative vision.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the UI development schedule.
- Consult with other Engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 5+ years of UI experience in the games industry.
- Professional experience using C++, to extend the engine where necessary.
- Experience working on a networked game (Client/Server model).
- Experience debugging and optimizing in a multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with content developers.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.