Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
As a Senior Level Designer, you will work directly on a new IP and will collaborate with the design and artistic teams to create fun, visually inspiring and engaging game spaces for the player to explore. Your focus will be on constant iteration and feedback with a team, striving to improve the levels and overall player experience. You have a proven track record of designing and world-building for a variety of titles which is critical in this role.
- Drive the design of multiple levels, guiding them from initial concept to polished completion
- Develop and present level designs, prototypes, and game spaces using a range of tools
- Collaborate with engineering to shape the future of our Level Creation Pipeline
- Integrate art assets in partnership with artists, creating a visually stunning and interactive experience
- Prioritize meaningful player choice by collaborating with cross-discipline team members to ensure levels are designed with clear navigation, visual language, and game systems.
- Keep up-to-date with game industry trends, including new game genres and emerging design methods and techniques
- Extensive professional experience in level design
- Strong understanding of the core components that make a level both beautiful and fun
- Proven experience and proficiency in designing and implementing playable levels
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Experience on at least one AAA+ online game
- Proficient with Unreal4, including creating and editing blueprints
- Passion for video games, with a relentless thirst for learning from playing them
- Comfort with creating designs in a variety of layout tools
- Shipped at least one AAA+ online game
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.