Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Phoenix Labs is looking to hire an experienced Services Engineer. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, be able to work side by side with engineers, designers and production staff, and be passionate about owning a reliable high-traffic web application and game code to support a player experience on PC, console, and mobile. The Senior Services Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of robust, secure, and scalable web services, as well as client side integration of these services into player-facing applications.
- Work with project leads in cross-discipline teams, to design, implement, and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services.
- Design, implement, and support the integration of third party online services into client and server applications.
- Create and maintain online services such as telemetry pipelines.
- Make architectural recommendations for performance, stability, and security.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor application performance and detect defects in the live product.
- Assist with planning, estimation, and distribution of work.
- Help integrate the service into client-facing applications.
- Help Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
- Experience developing in Python; or other similar server-side languages.
- Experience building and consuming Web services (REST).
- Experience with multiple types of data persistence (relational, key-value, caching).
- Experience deploying and supporting applications on cloud platforms (Google, AWS).
- Minimum 5+ years experience building online services.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Experience developing in C++ (Unreal Engine) a plus.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth load.
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with analytics, data-driven product evolution and machine learning.
- Experience with container-based or serverless deployment (Docker/Kubernetes, Lambda/Cloud Functions).
- Experience with multiple web technology stacks and SaaS models.
- Interest in developing in Rust.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has physical studios located in Vancouver (BC) and Montreal, but we are open to remote or hybrid for most of our roles. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship for qualified candidates, as needed.