Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Joining our team as a Senior Build Pipeline Engineer is an opportunity to work closely with technical and creative teams to provide solutions that support a wide range of upcoming titles at Phoenix Labs. The ideal candidate must have experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc), programming experience with Groovy or Java, as well as Python. They will be passionate about reducing manual work via automation while architecting reliable and scalable systems. With a curious nature they will keep abreast of the latest developments in the community, empowering us to use the best tools for the task at hand.
In this role, you will be impactful by:
- Contributing to design, prototyping, implementing, and polishing game build pipelines and workflow tools primarily using Groovy and Python.
- Being a champion of automation to solve build and testing problems on AAA games.
- Measuring, analyzing, and mitigating risk in the development cycle.
- Identifying and anticipating problems across a variety of tools, areas, and systems; propose and execute solutions.
- Collaborating with other engineers across the organization to adapt, change or refactor systems as required.
- Working closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering team to ensure system stability, reliability and performance of build infrastructure.
- Responding to issues as they arise as a senior escalation resource.
In this role, you’ll be expected to know:
- Software development in the games industry.
- How to effectively communicate, with strong written and verbal communication skills and experience writing concise, understandable technical documentation.
- How to build end to end architecture for large features and complex systems.
- The value of collaboration and teamwork, and have the ability to mentor colleagues to ensure success with the latest technology available.
- Jenkins or similar continuous integration technology.
- Groovy, Java or similar language.
- Perforce or Git source control.
It would be great if you have familiarity with:
- Unreal Engine 5.
- Groovy in a Jenkins environment.
- Servicing a live product.
- Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.